VP Head of Common Services Organization, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Head of the Common Services organization - a software house within the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) with ~100 staff. Common Services drives technology solutions across the Federal Reserve System (FRS) including DevOps, Cloud, NLP/AI, Engineering, Data Services including Big Data and Digital Experience.
• Built a series of micro-services and libraries that account for over 40% of running custom code in New York. These re-useable components are used in over 200 mission critical applications including systems such as Fedwire, FedTrade and CCAR
• Implemented and operate a standard set of tools that are the base of DevOps for over 80% of Java developers across the Federal Reserve System. This includes build management with Jenkins, code quality solutions with SonarQube and Open Source Software management with Sonatype IQ Server, static and dynamic code analysis with Fortify and Contrast. Created a standardized security model across multiple independent vendors to ensure that the Devops teams can change a line of code and deploy to production in a seamless, secure fashion
• Design and implemented the first container based applications with Docker running on AWS for FRBNY
• Built multiple new applications and services in new technologies that drove down the time-to-market and risk for customers including new development languages such as Python and Groovy
• Implemented the first Big Data application across the FRS that enabled business users to analyze large data sets. Ran the RFP, selected Cloudera as the base Hadoop platform and integrated analytical solutions including Alteryx, Tableau
• Led the team that designed and implemented a set of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and NLP engines that are used to analyze large financial data sets. For example, looking at risk related concepts in bank supervision.
• Created a training program, called Common Services University, across the FRS that has trained several hundred staff on new technologies.
Session: DevOps At Federal Reserve Bank Of New York
As FRBNY moves workloads to cloud environments, we will discuss how we are achieving that while continue to maintain our security levels that comes with managing trillions of dollars. We with give an overview of the types of technologies for CI/CD and how we are delivering solutions to our customers.